Recent academic works include:
- Gurdasani D, et al. Vaccinating adolescents against SARS-CoV-2 in England: a risk-benefit analysis. J R Soc Med 2021.
- Gurdasani D, et al. Mass infection is not an option: we must do more to protect our young. Lancet 2021; 398(10297):297-298.
- Hyde Z, et al. Australia must act to prevent airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Med J Aust 2021; 215(1):7-9.e1.
- Hyde Z. Difference in severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 attack rate between children and adults may reflect bias. Clin Infect Dis 2021.
- Gurdasani D, et al. School reopening without robust COVID-19 mitigation risks accelerating the pandemic. Lancet 2021; 397(10280): 1177-1178.
- Gurdasani D, et al. The UK needs a sustainable strategy for COVID-19. Lancet 2020; 396(10265): 1800-1801.
- Hyde Z. COVID-19, children and schools: overlooked and at risk. Med J Aust 2020; 213(10): 444-446.e1.
- Hyde Z. COVID-19, children and schools: overlooked and at risk (author reply). Med J Aust 2021; 214(4): 190-191.e1.
- Alwan NA, et al. Scientific consensus on the COVID-19 pandemic: we need to act now. Lancet 2020; 396(10260): e71-e72.
Recent articles in The Conversation:
- We shouldn’t lift all COVID public health measures until kids are vaccinated. Here’s why.
- COVID-19 cases rise when schools open – but more so when teachers and students don’t wear masks.
- No, we can’t treat COVID-19 like the flu. We have to consider the lasting health problems it causes.
- Herd immunity is the end game for the pandemic, but the AstraZeneca vaccine won’t get us there.
- Los niños pueden transmitir el coronavirus igual que los adultos, según los últimos estudios.
- Children may transmit coronavirus at the same rate as adults: what we now know about schools and COVID-19.
- Children might play a bigger role in COVID transmission than first thought. Schools must prepare.
- Hyde Z, et al. Australia cannot treat COVID-19 ‘like the flu’: National Cabinet must revise its plan to transition Australia’s National COVID-19 Response. Policy Forum 2021.
- Collignon P, et al. Did Gladys Berejiklian wait too long to lock down Sydney? The Guardian 2021.
- Hyde Z. The Delta variant has rebooted Covid – so Australia must reboot its strategy. The Guardian 2021.
- Grafton Q, et al. Vaccinations, borders, and the Delta variant: the human and economic costs of continuing the current vaccination strategy. Policy Forum 2021.
- Gurdasani D, et al. Daily contact testing trials in schools are unethical and extending them to include the delta variant puts everyone at risk. BMJ Opinion 2021.
- Grafton Q, et al. Australia’s COVID-19 vaccination strategy must change: achieving herd immunity. Policy Forum 2021.